Sunday, January 8, 2012

Contacting Rep. Jim Cooper

I have once again contacted Jim Cooper out of Tennessee's 5th district. In my previous attempts to contact him about the current system of student loan lending and how it was an opressive system because it does not allow people the chance for a clean slate on all of their debt when they file bankruptcy, he basically stated that he supports the current system. He didn't even acknowledge that some change was needed. I will be contacting him and other representatives on a regular basis at this point. I will post their replies here for all to see and eventually I will start contacting the press about their refusal to do something about a situation in which people's wages and social security are being garnished without a court hearing. A system where regardless of the spouses financial or health situation, a person must continue to pay their loans and their spouses because there is no bankruptcy on student loans. Getting a loan dismissed in bankruptcy for disability is almost impossible. Stay tuned. I will be updated frequently and contacting the papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment